Friday, January 17, 2014

Lays potato chips in Rawalpindi's Ayub Park



With the onset of winter, I had stopped visiting the Ayub park for my evening jogs. I started using the footpaths in Gulraiz and Bahria town for early morning walks. There has been a slight break in foggy days and I decided to visit the Ayub park. The otherwise lush green large lawns in the park were brown. There are not much trees in the park because of Rawalpindi’s soil and climate. And autumn was on its peak on remaining trees. I was walking on the curb to enjoy the crushing sound of dry leaves beneath my feet. My poet friend, who was accompanying me on the walk, was in another frame of mind as usual. With a serious look on his face, he asked me how I feel while crushing the poor leaves which have fallen victim to cruel nature. “I am walking in the factory which makes Lays potato chips French cheese flavor walay.” The very serious look on the face of my friend turned into WTF look.
I was surprised to see the bulky lady in red dress doing her walks with the same zeal as she used to do when I first saw her exactly one year ago. I don’t know how she feels about her weight shedding achievement, but she definitely looked shrunken.

No comments:

Post a Comment