Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Are .22 rifles worth their price in Pakistan


I wanted my younger brothers (9 years old) to graduate from their BB guns to something with gun powder. The only available option in Pakistan is a .22 bolt action rifle. Instead of buying a rifle and teaching them, I deemed it proper to borrow a friend’s gun (armscor .22 bolt action) for a week. My brothers loved the recoil-less toy. They quickly learned how to place shots at the right place.
However, after firing several boxes of ammo from it, I realized that firing with a .22 on a target in your backyard is not worth the amount you get a .22 gun for. These rifles range from PKR 34,000 to PKR 80,000 in Pakistan, but the pleasure you intend to get from shooting these rifles is not worth it.
The .22 rifles will always remain a child’s toy in Pakistan, but an insanely expensive toy.

4 comments:

  1. You need to try out the TOZ :-)

    ReplyDelete

  2. This is such an interesting blog. You are very knowledgeable about this subject. Please check out my site.
    Toy guns for kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have one :) philippines .22cal

    ReplyDelete