Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Questions everyone asks about Imran Khan

I avoid political discussions with strangers. I remain silent when I have to say no and nod my head for a yes. Whenever someone knows that I am a lawyer or had been a journalist, he asks me the following questions about Imran Khan.

Why Imran Khan is welcoming 'corrupt' politicians: You will hear this question everywhere. I was attending a marriage today and someone overhearing my discussion with my cousin asked the same. I told the person that if he does not join the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) and run the election, then who will contest the election? The politicians joining the party, he replied.

Imran Khan has no policy: How can Imran Khan give a policy when he is not in a position to give a policy. Policies are formed and implemented when one is in the power and not when one is in the street rallying for elections.

Everyone joining Tehreek-e-Insaaf is corrupt: Not everyone in Pakistan is a saint.


Will Imran Khan pave my street if I vote for him: No. Just pray that he comes in the power and implements the rule of law. Pakistan badly needs the rule of law. Your unpaved street does not figure out among challenges facing Pakistan.

No comments:

Post a Comment